It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, November 13, 2017

Monday , Cat Monday

So far it has been a perfect Monday ...
I was awakened too early by grumpy cats .. some want in , some want out, some want to snuggle, others are just plain grumpy.
Count me in   the grumpy camp.

We all traipsed down to the kitchen, way before 8 am and food was quickly arranged in the right bowl for the right kitty and peace returned ..
Except for that faint meowing I heard ..... the lost cat.

There he was .. outside my lanai door, meowing, huddled close to the screen, away from the wet grass and chill of the early grey morning ..

I know all the Smart things to do and Not to do and How I should manage things .. I did that yesterday. But today, this is a damp, chilled, lost young cat with a not very old wound that the neighbor thinks is from being hit by a car ... it walks, it talks, it eats and meows at the top of its lungs so it is more well than not ... except .. it doesn't seem to have a Home.
All cats should have a Home. No matter how small, rich, poor or warm ... there should be at least one person who cares about a little helpless animal that really doesn't ask for much at all.
And will never send you a bill for services rendered and never gives up on you or shuns you or decides they like the Other cat better ...

So I got disposable plastic containers ( thank you local bakery) and one was filled with water, good clean water ... and one with the mistake kibble cat food I bought .. It was in the cupboard to donate to some shelter, but I had not gotten around to finding the shelter and doing it  ... now it is being put to use ... Everything is for a Reason.

So this poor (really beautiful) cat is dry and eating its breakfast at the moment.
The damage on its thigh is not quite as angry looking. The lady next door took photos so she can find out hopefully, where he belongs.

For now at least .. he is not starving and if worse comes to worse, there is shelter on my lanai or the lady's next door.

I have to make plans and figure out what to do with myself.
I have to do laundry and clean up the condo a little ... did you know cat hair reproduced ? yeah.
Start out with 2 and there are 10 just a few minutes later.

So this is my Monday List of Things To Do ...
         
                  Find a home for a cat.

Cats are like potato chips.
You can never have just one.





6 comments:

  1. I miss having a kitty. We have construction and chaos right now....maybe I'll get one when it is all over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, don't say that - right now I have just one, and I don't want another! Although... there is a really sweet neighborhood kitty, and I do worry about her being outside this winter. She's lived in the neighborhood for years, so I think she has a "home" of sorts somewhere, but I think about bringing her in. However, I have a dog door, so it's not like I could make her stay...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now feeding the cat that comes by at dinner time. The more the merrier!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was feeding the sweet neighborhood cat and for weeks she was waiting outside for me first thing every morning, and hanging out right around my house, but then she disappeared. I see her on the next street over quite a bit, but she never comes onto mine anymore - I think another stray cat on our street (that I do NOT like) fights with her and ran her off :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. lipari... I would do whatever I could to make the food available but keeping the other cats away ..if possible. Otherwise.. there isn't much you can do when they are all outside ... There is a possibility that she lives on the other street lol ..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger