It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Friday, November 24, 2017

Autumn


Autumn is my favorite time of year.
I got very excited when I saw that the trees in the parks in Buenos Aires did change color a little and then fell off, giving me a slight taste of what I really  missed...living so far from "home" where I knew that certain things happened at certain times of the year .

Like Christmas being in the winter ....  Autumn leaves falling .... crisp cold nights replacing the warm summer nights and air  conditioning .. Looking forward to cooking and baking and holidays .

When Spring (Fall) came ... everyone prepared to leave the City and go to their Summer homes.
In the mountains, the countryside, the beaches of Uruguay ..or just loll around the pool at their home in the City.

We have relatives in Buenos Aires ... cousins in law. They had a gorgeous home in a residential neighborhood .. Houses behind high walls .. their home was fabulous with mostly glass walls and a green lawn and a big swimming pool with a pool house that could sleep several people with kitchen, bath .

As sometimes happens, language gets in the way and what is supposed to be fun or relaxing becomes a chore .. we ended up not visiting that often and I always think now- that if we had only spoken Castellano more fluently, we  all would have had a better time .
But I think of them fondly, how they tried to make us comfortable and how really sweet they are.

I have bites on me.
I have a pretty stray cat hanging around the back door ... peering into the lanai and making me sad and the cats annoyed.
I petted it, fed it because as wrong as it is, I could not let it starve ..
It is not there today, or maybe it is now ... I try not to look ...feel sad ... my cats growl and hiss ... This is Their Home and he can't have it ... poor cat.
Which leads me to thinking how much I hate people who do not watch over and care for their pets.
We are not living on a farm in the country .. this is a city with highways and parkways and a gazillion cars that do not stop at Kitty Crossings ..
It is a lovely cat that I have to ignore when it cries for food or just to be petted and treated like a sweet cat ... who might have fleas.

I think I will go through my closets today.
Do something useful, make lists ... plans ... what will you do today ?





1 comment:

  1. I volunteered at the County Animal shelter yesterday and today. They had a big Black Friday adoption event and it was a madhouse yesterday, then today I worked outside raking up the big outdoor play yards. It felt good to be doing something useful :) So many sweet amimals...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger