It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Cougar

Today was a good day .. an interesting day to say the least ..
I take my coffee in the mornings and go out on the lanai and sip and listen and enjoy the warmth and quiet and view of the woods ... just a few feet from my home.

This morning there was a little something new added to the view.

A baby cougar, playing in the grass. With Mama watching from the edge of the woods.
They were both so beautiful and it sort of boggled my mind that there I was , at home in my pajamas, having a cup of coffee and watching a baby cougar and its mama out on the grass ..
I was still and quiet and glad the cats were sleeping in the house ..

Eventually a sound or something made the mama get up and mosey on back into the woods, with baby right behind her.
I know there are creatures in the forest ... but I never expected to see a cougar and baby ..
It was a good day ..

5 comments:

  1. What a rare and unexpected surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was magical , Linda ... now I will watch for them every day .. as well as keep my own little bitty cougars in the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaaat??! That's crazy - and wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had heard about the cougars being in the forest but kind of forgot about it .. I never expected one to come out of the woods and actually walk around behind my home !! it was gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger