It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Summer Afternoons

After huddling with the cats upstairs and opening all the doors and windows today with the blast furnace heat allowed to come in and help things dry, I was anticipating good news from the wet wall worker..

He did the usual things with gauges and writing numbers down etc ... I can't figure out if that is real, or is it for anyones benefit that he knows what he is doing ?

So he said it is still wet, it will need more time.
I didn't cry.

I called the landlord and told him the news ( in my sad voice ) and gave the phone to the worker ..
He explained numbers from the gauges and this and that and then he got off the phone and said he was leaving the fans on it and keep all windows closed and tomorrow he would remove everything and they would be out of there ... yay !!!

So there are massive fans in every room, it sounds like I am living in a large factory or something.. airplane hangar?

It is ridiculously humid and hot out, the cats cannot stay awake and I am bored.

But there is nothing I actually want to do so I will now go find a cool/air conditioned corner on the sofa , the corner that does not have a cat in it at the moment and read a murder mystery.
I might even eat something bad for me.

When I was a kid, my mom would take me to the library during Summer vacation and she and I would get books ... then she would stop at the grocery store and we would go home and have lunch and read our books in the heat of those Southern Summer afternoons.

That is what I am going to do.
If Mom was here, she would be here doing it with me.
Miss you Mom...

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Candice,
    Glad the leak got taken care of and yes, those huge fans will do the job!
    We had the painters pressure wash the inside of our garage on Tuesday and we too had to use our fans in order to dry it off.
    The front porch and front of the house and garage side got pressure washed too. Looks great again and it is only 3 years since it got painted... Living in the South has some negatives too, with all that humidity and mildew.
    Hope you will be fine after this!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger