It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Hello Florida ~

After a mostly uneventful almost boring drive, which for some reason did not seem to be quite as long and awful as I expected, I arrived in Jacksonville Florida this afternoon.
The weather was nice, warmish and breezy and a coat was not needed.
Flowers of all sorts are blooming and it looks so tropical ! The only difficulty and it wasn't even difficult was that when I arrived in town, I was having trouble with the diretions that came with warnings about the area to avoid, which is where I ended up being lost. So I pulled into the parking lot of the local Emergency services and called for help.
My daughter arrived shortly after and with that help, I got here with no problems at all.
The city is growing and changing and so much is not familiar to me yet .. but the hotel is nestled in a grove of beautiful trees with moss hanging and cobblestone walls and walks and it is very comfortable in the room.

The cats totally approve of the bed, where both made sure to choose who got what pillow.

Dinner with the family was fantastic .. a good sign.
Grilled fish with mashed potatoes seasoned with something garlicky and my birthday cake was chocolate mousse cake. Nuthin wrong with that !

We talked about Everything ... work, bosses, friends, weather, hair cuts and food and cats. . and everything else too.

When I came back to the hotel, there was a man with a massive white Standard Poodle and it brought back all those memories of Tate in Florida ..
Now my memories will be of kittens and old sweetie cats in Florida.

I am dropping from tiredness but wanted to catch you up ... I have arrived .. it is good so far :)

Thank you and much love to you who have sent such sweet emails and good luck wishes.

To be continued ....

20 comments:

  1. Another poodle sighting! Must be an omen that there is a poodle in your future! Better prepare the kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you arrived safely and that the journey was mostly uneventful. Btw, you may know me as cathies over in fodor's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Scarlet! What great news. You will be thrilled, I'm sure and in need of a very long rest. You must be very proud. All best in your new life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you made it there safely. I'm looking forward to your house-hunting posts. We sold and bought and moved last year. In fact, we've been here almost one year. Here's hoping for success in finding a new place quickly, and one that has all that you wish for.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! You made it! It sounds like you had a wonderfully warm welcome too.
    I am so happy for you!

    Maybe take a few days to relax and recover before finding your dream home?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made it Candice - very well done♡
    Let the new life begin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your symbolic journey from darkness to light is complete. Congratulations brave woman.

    Amazed that the cats have done so well. I always had cats that hated changing spaces and especially the car.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Welcome Welcome To The Sunshine State! It will be only good things for you now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! And belated happy birthday....so glad you have made it to your new home. Best wishes & I look forward to hearing about your new adventures.

    Elle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I bet that Florida sunshine feels good.

    Did the cats leave a pillow for you?

    Happy birthday and happy house hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done! It's freeeeezing back here up north! I wish you happy days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You sound lighter and happier already. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations! You made it; good for you. I hope that you quickly find a house. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy you've arrived. The best is yet to come....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations and well done. That is a big accomplishment.
    Wishing you success in finding the perfect home
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I´m glad to know you have arrived well. All the best on this new stage in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just been catching up - sounds like a terrific trip and all good in the new environs

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger