It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Monday- the beginning

Days are going by faster now. Closing day is weeks away.
I am not packed. Right now I am not even dressed ! Pajamas are good for making lists in.
You can do it without stress.
Shower, dress, then stress comes along with the many things to do and is there enough time and that shadow of sadness hanging over it all.

Sad that my husband is gone and therefore I will leave. It would have been fine here with him.
Sad that everything is harder and not half as much fun, doing it all alone.
Sad that people who I counted on over the years to be friends and kind, became Mean Girls and were beyond cruel and hateful to me in emails.
Thankfully, I don't live near them and can block them and that takes care of that. It is just the bad memory that will be left and that will go too ... Also the knowledge that people like that are never really happy, otherwise they would never be so ugly to other people. People who were only kind to them.

I will be sure to pick my friends much more carefully though, thanks for that lesson, B and M.
And if this is the type of people they are, Friends are probably very scarce in their lives.


The cats are enjoying the big boxes. I check each night to be sure they are not sleeping in one.
Today Minette fell into one, lost her footing ...  bump ... mamaaaaa ...
Merlin stood and stared at the box. He couldn't say anything so staring helped me know which box to look in. He is a good boy. Much better than some  humans lol

So a perfect rainy day to pack. To make plans for the new life. To adjust my thinking.
Monday- the beginning of the week ... the beginning of a lot of things ..


4 comments:

  1. Your Monday sounds OK so far - I was also in my jammies until just a little while ago! Rained hard in the night and everywhere the darling buds are now bursting, and the sun is shining again.

    Hope the kitties enjoy playing hide and seek in the boxes - and glad you have them to keep you smiling as the packing progresses.

    Busy week ahead here. Today I drive my neighbor to the airport for a sad trip to Florida where her dad died over the weekend. Then a stop at the thrift shop - I use the one where proceeds go towards local cat spay/neuter programs - to drop off things/clothes etc. I cleared out over the weekend. Every day there is something on the schedule when I check the calendar.

    Take care Candice - and please don't do too much heavy lifting.
    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found out the closing is sooner than I expected so I am crazed with packing now. aaggghhh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, thank goodness for Merlin's help. You could still be looking.

    Friends can be very disappointing sometimes. I guess that goes for all humans. Thankfully, we don't have to keep them in our circle of friends. Family is much harder to avoid. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope it all goes well and the rush isn't' too frazzling for you

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger