It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I am lucky too

I have 3 or 4 days until the entire family ... my little bitty family .. arrives . We are celebrating Thanksgiving and a Birthday.
I keep thinking I have everything under control then I am out at the market and realize I have no list.
I think I got everything.
When I get home, I find out I got a lot of things but not the right things .. but I did get a brownie mix.

I remembered to get the makings for the cornbread stuffing I will make.
We don't eat turkey but we like all the trimmings.
We will be quite full , I think, on devilled eggs, cornbread stuffing,   potatoes ( not sure what form yet ) , fresh broccoli with garlic, noodles with peanut sauce, a salad with Everything in it , and then there are the other cooks who will make things that I am not even aware of .
Dessert is cooling on the counter now - double chocolate brownies.

I will probably make Ribollita again because it is just so darned easy to make and so delicious.
It has everything you need, veggies and broth and spaghetti .. zoop at its best.
With some nice fresh Italian bread for grilled cheese sandwiches, After Thanksgiving dinner will be fine too.

I want it all ready now- so when everyone arrives, we can celebrate the birthday of a beautiful  young man and all be together when he blows out ALL of those candles ...
I still remember when he was born. I met him when he was 2 days old I think .. that baby would fit in one of his hands now  ..

I am lucky, I am sad but I have to remember how lucky I am too.

7 comments:

  1. I like your attitude. It is easy to dwell on what is lost in life but when you do that you fail to enjoy what is going on about you. It can be hard I know but it is important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear. There are days that it is very hard and I feel very sorry for myself. But thankfully, those spells don't last long .. and Minette will bite my nose or something and distract me. :)

      Delete
  2. Have a perfect time with your little bitty family! I know you will enjoy, and so will they. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mym, one thing we know for sure, no one will be hungry :) My daughter and I will end up daydreaming of trips to Europe. Belgium, Paris , London .. etc

      Delete
    2. Will you say HI to her & Zach. I forgot to wish them 'bon voyage'. :-(

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your time with family! Your feast sounds delicious. I'm not sure where you are but see you have snow so I hope the weather cooperates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Georgia, Thank you :) I am in Upstate NY, south of Albany so we got no snow .. it was beautiful today .. chilly but sunny and dry.
      Soon enough I will be buried in snow drifts :(

      Delete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger