It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, November 2, 2014

A Chicken Soup Day

I woke to the sound of the wind blowing.  Hard.
Trees whipping around, leaves flying around, chipmunks hiding, birds hiding .. a Blustery Day, as Winnie the Pooh would say.
I, on the other hand, call it a Soup Day.
I am not going out, I am not considering doing anything that involves leaving the house.
Minette and I can listen to music, read and maybe watch a movie later and I will make soup.
Yesterday I thought about it, today I will do it.

Because as we all know, when it is a Sunday, the sky is grey, the wind is blowing like crazy, there is nothing you can do but make soup.

I quit eating chicken. I don't know why, I just didn't have a taste for it and after a while I realized that months had gone by and I had not eaten chicken.

The other day I thought, I will buy a little roast chicken at the market and use it in a sandwich or something ... but no .. it still sits and waits for someone to appreciate it.
This morning, looking at the weather and listening to that wind blow, I figured, it is a
Chicken Soup Day .. if there ever was one.

I might make it this way  Colombian Chicken Soup


or I might just make Grandmas Chicken Soup .. everyone knows that one.. you cook the onions, celery, carrots and chicken in water and seasoning then let it simmer and then you have
Chicken Soup.
You can add macaroni, rice, potatoes or as I recently saw , dumplings.

So this is where I will be today, home, with Minette, making soup and watching the chipmunks fly by .. I will let you know if I see any little dogs named Toto flying  by ...

3 comments:

  1. Yeah it is a day for soup... But I'm enjoying and making the most of an extra hour in bed. It's the only good thing about turning the clock back. If I ever get out of bed I was picturing cream of cauliflower with oven roasted cauliflower and about a pound of bacon......but the vision of bacon dancing in my head will require a trip to the market... Something. I really don't want to do since it requires getting out of bed first

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I think you should stay in bed. Not even bacon is that important ! besos ... do you have lots of pillows ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the chicken soup idea!! When the temps drop to 60's in Arizona, chicken soup sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger