It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Hold my hand .....

" I am a strong person. But every once in a while, I would like someone to hold my hand and tell me, things are going to be OK "

I saw this quote the other day and it appealed to me.
I like to think that I am a strong person.
I feel like I must be strong, otherwise, a few months ago, I would have just flopped down on the bed or the floor and just stayed there... weeping, moaning now and then and just being completely forlorn and pathetic.

But instead, I went out and adopted a tiny kitten that needed me.
I held her in my hands and told her that things were going to be OK .. she had me now.
We would muddle along together and get through this.
And you know what ? I think we are.

I still weep at odd times .. no telling what will trigger it.
I look at her sometimes and wish my husband were here, he would have been crazy in love with this kitten.
He wanted a Russian Blue- that was the plan, when we came back to the US and bought our house "in the woods", we would get a dog and a cat.
But he said, we will get the cat first, I want a Russian Blue.

So after all the sad and horrible things that came along instead, I found myself in the Animalkind waiting room, with all those glass rooms with cats and kittens and then there was one, a tiny little Russian Blue.
With those huge yellow eyes and squeaky croaky voice.
I had no doubt, that was the kitten for me.
So now she and I muddle along together, holding hands and telling each other that things are going to be OK.

I might take a break here.
I need to get out in the Spring air and find some things to do and maybe find a new home for the two of us.

I won't be gone long , maybe I will be right back, but don't worry if I am not back right away .. shhhh ... the baby is sleeping ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger