It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, May 5, 2014

Gardens, Kittens and Music

It is quiet here.
At night there is no sound, not even a kitten snoring .
Just before dark, you can hear the birds getting ready for bed, last minute nest fixing, quieting down the babies, snuggling in ...
The woodchuck runs along the property line, to her burrow in our back yard with  the alfalfa fields behind us ...
What seems like miles of bright green fields .. the deer like it back there but after the young ones had a late night party in the yard, it has been quiet.
I guess the elder deer let them know the rules.

During the day, far off, I can hear tractors sometimes and more often, the lawnmowers of neighbors.
And then there is that sound , early in the morning, no, besides the birds waking up ... a squeaky hoarse sound .. sort of like a meow but not quite.
And when I go in and take her out of her crate and back into bed with me, she settles from grumbling to purring then a little snoring.

This afternoon there was the sound of the weed-wacker thing.
That was me !
 Last year when my husband would ride the lawnmower, I would Do Edges.
Yes, that was my job .. and a damn fine job I did.
I also do a good job leveling things .
Even good things now and then but accidents happen you know.
I haven't gotten brave enough yet to try riding the mower.
I have to ease into that one.
But I did some drastic removal of ferns etc last year so this photo below is definitely a Before photo.
Later I will have the new After photos to show off.

The kitten stayed in the house, making sure that no gnats or flying things managed to work their way through the screens.
She  was mesmerized by a chipmunk.
She doesn't do things in moderation.
When she watches the chipmunk, she never takes her eyes off the chipmunk... even if it is not there, she will stare at the spot where it stood, until it comes back or I pick her up and take her away, discussing the possibilities of therapy for obsessive chip monk watching.

She is in her little bed by the glass doors, pretending to be napping.
With fine weather , I am filled with the need to Go Somewhere.
 I am thinking about going to ... in no particular order ...
Lenox , Massachusetts , where the buildings are all beautiful, very very old and there is the Red Lion Inn.
Where I could order tea .. a Real Tea and have it out on the porch , sitting in a rocking chair.
It might do me good, I have been there enough times to know that I will be the youngest person sitting in one of those rocking chairs and feeling like the youngest person around can do wonders for a persons spirits.
Or so I have heard. 

I can go look at Tanglewood and see what concerts I might be able to go to ..
I like the idea of a Saturday or Sunday afternoon, sitting on the lawn, listening to a classical concert.

I like going to Hudson NY on a weekend and just looking in all the antique shops and stopping at the French Cafe for a bite or just a good cup of coffee.

Now that it is warmer, it will be much more comfortable walking up and down that long street, with only antique stores and cafes .. imagine .. it is great.
Warm weather will make it fantastic.

Tomorrow ? Maybe more weed wacking followed by leaf blowing.
With a bit of kitten snuggling in the evening.









2 comments:


  1. A beautiful bird is tap tap tapping on my dining room window! She's beautiful, but I don't want tap marks and bird droppings on my window!



    g'lou

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like spring is working big time in your garden Candice - and I love that you have wildlife to watch, as does Minette! I have a perky chipmunk coming to the bird feeders - he scares off the big squirrels and takes a few seeds, love watching him fill his pouches before running off helter skelter.

    Enjoy wherever you decide to drive - you have many lovely places to see in the area. Wish I could join you for a cuppa or a concert.

    Hugs - Mary

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger