It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Things To Do

There is one tiny little pile of snow in the yard , struggling to remain .. after all these months of being buried in snow and ice and cold, it is finally all gone ..
Birds are everywhere, flower buds and leaves are popping up and did I mention Birds ? Everywhere !
There are great hawks floating over the fields, hunting mice and other small creatures.
There are deer every night in my yard, footprints and other things are left behind .
The days seem to be longer now or is it just because the snow is gone that I imagine it is nearing the end of this longest winter of my life ?

I have lists that I make for Things To Do.
Some I get done - clean house, buy Minette a new toy etc.
But there are  some  that are difficult to get started on, like
Find a New Home
Get the Car Serviced
Get my Hair Cut.

Funny, although I could barely speak the language in Buenos Aires, I seem to have gotten more things done. I think it is the difference in doing something with someone and doing it alone.
Or it might be just that I have lost my gumption.
I worry about the car breaking down on a highway.
I worry about getting lost on the highway .
I worry about being gone too long with Minette home alone.
I worry.

I have always worried but these days, with no one to share them with .. they seem to be building up.
But at least I don't have to worry about getting out of the driveway.
Slipping on the ice walking to the mailbox.
Being so alone in the house .
A tiny kitten can make a big difference in that !

So now it is the beginning of Spring and I will go out there and start fresh.
New beginnings.. or at least I will try.
That will be one of my Things To Do.

3 comments:

  1. Excellent Candice!
    You sound re-energized...reborn...ready to take on life...
    So happy to feel this from your words...
    You can do this...yes you can ♥️
    Cheers!
    Linda :o)

    ps....isn't Spring glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emm said...
    I can't help with too much on your list, but have read some of your back issues and send sympathies.
    Re getting lost: If there is a DeLorme Atlas for your area, carry one in the car. Better than GPS and very comforting. I've used mine to go bucketing down roads I'd never otherwise consider, knowing it would help be backtrack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emm, we have one of those and I agree, they are great to have . Thank you for the reminder, I was the co-pilot and helped when we went off familiar roads , I also found that .. sending myself google directions, saving them on my iPhone helped ... the small phone was easy to carry around and avoid getting lost.
    Forgive the hiccup in posting your reply ..

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger