It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Monday Musings

I am snowed in.
This leads to sudden fits of house cleaning.
I wish the snow would melt.

The driveway is clear.
The kitten has cabin fever.
No, she never goes out but she wishes I would.

I should get dressed and go buy coffee .
My nerves are not strung as tightly as they can be, I might as well make them nice and taut.
You will know me when you see me ... eyes a little unfocused, twitching now and then ..

I need a haircut.
It is very long and I kinda like it but I feel like I might look like one of those women who didn't come out of the cabin all winter and need a cut and maybe some coffee and a scone.
 
The kitten is getting annoying.
I might have solved the night time problem.
She is sweet and cute and plays quietly during the day .
At night she becomes this insane creature that runs madly around the house, sliding around corners, crashing now and then but barely stopping and it continues after the lights are out.
I am home with her all day, we are both snowed in , but that doesn't seem to make a difference, she still becomes Insane Kitty at around 11 pm.
I lock her in her carrying case with a blanket and a toy and turn off the lights.
I lie there and wait until she is quiet and not bouncing around inside the box.
Then I quietly unfasten the lid .. a minute or less later, she hops out, climbs up on the bed and makes a nest next to me and is purring and asleep in seconds.
She stays there until a pretty normal hour in the morning then she wants to wash my face and hair.
We have a discussion about this and most of the time, she wins. I get up.
Sometimes though, she falls asleep in the middle of the argument and I get some extra snooze time.

I thought for about a second, that if she had a playmate she would be calm but then I imagined that scenario  ....  Two  insane kittens running amok.
My poor unraveling brain cannot take that .

Tax season and all that boring stuff is coming and while I have been able to do the small things that have been required, writing checks for inordinate amounts .. I am now required to find tax related info from Argentina. . that we would have here..

I Have No Clue.

I cannot even begin ... if I try to do anything regarding taxes today .. you will find me. .. lying on the floor, weak from hunger and weeping with a mad little cat sitting on my head, washing her paws and
shrugging her shoulders when you say What happened ???

Happy Monday




4 comments:

  1. I love the dark humour. The picture of you found with long hair and a cat on your head washing its paws. You must be getting on with life in a very funny and good way, even when you are snowed in.

    I just finished my taxes (thank goodness), so I'll await the challenge of the French taxes when May rolls around. I'll keep a positive thought for you and the details from Argentina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Keir !
      Wait until she starts dictating what I post ! she will want to change the name of the blog .. something like Notes From a Kitten..

      Delete
  2. That is what we used to call the Midnight run. It must be settled in some ancient Circadian Rhythm felines have. Our Colette used to lay as long as she was across my late husband's desk until she had enough of waiting, and as soon as she could, she would used his keyboard for a lounging chair. Time to go to bed according to her.
    For us not for her. She would fly downstairs and run in a circle through the living room, the dinning room, the kitchen, the sunroom.
    and the puppies would looked at us mystified. Unfortunately she taught them how much fun it was and off they went, all three of them until either my husband or I would put a stop at the fun and it always happened around Midnight, sigh.

    We used to say that dogs have masters and cats have staff. I guess you are learning how that works :) She will come down in a couple of months, once she has you trained and all things will be fine. In the end resistance is futile, they are the most adorable con artists in the history of con artists. And they know it, as you are finding out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy not to resist :)
    She is napping .. maybe I will follow her example.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger