It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Stay Warm

Today was a day of waiting and dashing,searching and driving, shopping and talking, cooking and eating ... then  trying to think of what to do next so I don't just sit here and feel   alone and sad.

The exterminator was due today to check on the traps, to see if he accomplished the promise of giving me a mouse / pest free home.

I didn't sleep well last night and then as we all know how it goes, this morning I could have slept for hours .. snug and warm and sleepy.
But noooo, I had to be ready for the exterminator.
Who was late.
But he  declared the house Mouse Free ! yay.
No signs of pests, I can breathe easy again and not lie there in bed at night, wondering if every little noise was a mouse in the attic or walls or god forbid, my bedroom.

As soon as he left, I got ready and took off for Massachusetts, where my Bank is.
Smart, huh ? Move to New York and get a bank account in Massachusetts.
There were reasons ..
The drive is quite beautiful and kind of fun.. hills , dales, forests, beautiful homes and gardens and you can Go Fast.


I was going to walk around Great Barrington after the bank but unfortunately, my blood is still thin from Argentine temperatures. Living in the Frozen North is going to take a while to thicken my blood.
Or freeze it... whatever.

So I scurried to my favorite grocery and did all those daily chores, then zipped back to New York .
I know it is cold.
But then someone told me to stay inside and be careful.
What ?
It is going to be around Zero Degrees tonight. And 7 Below with the wind and all that ...

Would someone in Argentina please adopt me and let me come back and live with you ? bringing my children and grand- babies  with me ?
Gracias !!

So here I am ... loving the sound of the furnace going on .. worrying I will run out of oil or something , wondering if there could be a blackout because of all the power usage ( it happened in Buenos Aires!) and wondering what I would do  ... sit in the car with the heat on I guess .. wrapped in a blanket... they would find me the next day , frozen in my comforter in my car with Tango music playing.

I think I need another cookie.

Stay warm everybody ..


6 comments:

  1. You stay warm! I've been thinking about you even though I don't even know you. I live in NY as well and I don't think anyones blood thickens enough to get used to this weather. Take Care, Corinne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it awful ! ? I have lived in NY over 40 years with a brief spell in other enchanted places but this is the coldest I ever remember. I do not love it. You take care too !

      Delete
  2. Candice, I think of your often and am so, so sorry. I can't even imagine how much you miss you husband or how difficult life is for you right now.
    Stay warm.... xxojoan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joan !
      I can at least try to be warm, the other thing, sadly, I can do nothing about .. the sad and the missing are a new part of my daily life.
      You stay warm too ! C

      Delete
  3. Cookies are lovely -- until spring and all the lovely things you packed away have inexplicably shrunk. :-)

    I am very glad you are mouse-free.

    Have you picked up a kitty yet?

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am venturing out into the frozen wild and hope to discover a kitten just for me. My cookie companion, I will eat them, the kitten can watch. besos.

      Delete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger