It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Saturday, January 25, 2014

My New World

I had all these plans for going out today and doing things like Look for a Kitten.
Or Shop for Snow Boots.
Or even Buy Soup.

But for some reason, silly me, I forgot the part where I live in a Place Where It Snows .... OFTEN .

Yep, you know who   has been so bold as to come right up to the doors and look in and see what's cookin !
Somehow, the word is out ... The Lady in That House Feeds Birds.
That is all it took ... they are out there, having a good ole time.
I refuse to buy another bird feeder. 

I refuse to put out hay for deer or whatever and I really would like refuse to believe that not only are there Deer out there, behind my property but now I know there are ... are you ready ? 
Bears. 
Don't forget the Foxes, Coyotes ... yes, someone took the wrong turn at the Wild West intersection and ended up in New York State.
And while I have your attention ... you are paying attention aren't you ? 
I have been informed that things have gotten so nice up here for certain creatures that we now have Wolves . 
Foxes, Bears and Wolves, ... My World is Complete.




2 comments:

  1. Lucky you to have all that wildlife! I'm serious. None will harm you and it is wonderful to see them.
    I'm like you with the bird feeders and I guess I'm mean because I will only fill them once a day.
    When you get the kitten try to put one near a window....my cats get a lot of entertainment watching the birds and squirrels at the feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. None might harm me but there have been warnings .. My house is all windows and glass doors so a kitten will be very happy with the views. I remember my last cat, sitting in the window and making chattery noises at the birds .. poor frustrated little cat :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger