It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Checking back in


For those sweeties who asked me to let them know how my expedition to the market and out into the Arctic cold went :


It warmed up to 16 .. I was tempted to throw off one of my scarves, but changed my mind.
2 pairs of socks and warm boots, my toes are still frozen.
1 pair of leather gloves with cashmere lining ( last year present from my husband) and my hands did not suffer at all. Warm as toast... which makes me wonder - how are cashmere socks ?

I wore a coat that is too big on me and has sat in a closet for years because it was never cold enough to wear it ... I didn't care if it was too big, I was warm in it ! And if you get bored sitting at a traffic light, it is good to pet . . soft ...soft ......

The roads are clear and dry and the sun is shining .
The drive through the countryside to the market was lovely and coming home I saw that a couple of neighbors nearby have deer in their yards.
My yard just has birds in it at the moment, the deer come along early early in the mornings....

Now to snuggle down in a corner of the sofa where the sun is shining in from the big front window and start a good book ..




4 comments:

  1. Glad that you had a safe trip. It's bad to be hampered by bad weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gail, in northern CaliforniaJanuary 7, 2014 at 7:52 PM

    Thank you to checking in.

    A cup of hot tea and a good book, the perfect ending to your maiden voyage. Wouldn't it be wonderful if everything could be fixed so easily?

    Have a stress-less evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's freezing here. Even with my cashmere lined gloved , my fingertips froze. Pastis usually doesn't mind the cold, he likes to sniff every tree but today, the coldest day so far, he couldn't wait to get home.

    cigalechanta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jealous, would love to be sitting in a sunny window with a blankie on me and a big cup of cocoa, better a nice glass of red wine, reading. So happy to know someone is doing that!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger