It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Gardener

I married a New Yorker.
He was born and raised in a huge city.
He can find his way around any borough and bridge and neighborhood practically blindfolded.
He amazed me when he did the same thing   in London, Paris and Buenos Aires.
It is a City Thing .. you either have it or you don't.
I don't think I have it so much.
I have a so-so sense of direction and some bit of memory left but he amazes me.. it is like he has this little thing in his brain like the cars have, it knows its way and can find its way home.
Lucky me ... I stick with him .. I'm not stupid !

So here we are Out In The Country !
I love it. He does too.
Of course, we aren't even completely unpacked and there is nothing hanging on the walls but we are living in the countryside now, and liking it.
This morning, earlier than I   would ordinarily like,  we were out in the garden.
Where I was treated to the pleasure of watching my Mr Scissorhands  trim huge overgrown hedges like he has been doing this forever.
Dragging huge fallen tree limbs to the back, adding to the compost pile.. my god, who is this man ?

I was raised in the South .. North Carolina ..
Our house was where my step-grandfathers farm had been.
There were no cows when I got there but there were huge fields, gardens that required tractors and apple trees for a little girl who had no friends her age and missed her family back in California.
So I ran wild and played wherever I wished and enjoyed picking fruit or tomatoes and eating them on the spot.

Then I grew up.
I left that place.
I went to California.
Then I went to New York.
Where I met the man who would become our present day Mr Scissorhands.

And now, here I am.
Back in the country.
My husband is happy. So am I.

Especially since I found this lovely gardener who lives here... with me.. lucky me.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that the two of you are very happy and settling in and enjoying the gardening... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a lucky woman! I'm happy for you and your Mr. Scissorhands that you've found the perfect place for you. He's ver adaptible, and that's great!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger