It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Saga of The Bag Lady

I like handbags.
I see no reason why I should not have as many as I want .
I use them, they don't just sit there ... although there are a couple who have been known to mutter now and then about having to stay home a lot.

I buy one when I see one that I like.
I do not have to Need a bag to buy it.
How many bags I already have has no bearing on my looking or shopping for a bag.

The only thing that really has any bearing on it is ... cost and color and how much do I love it .

I tried to do some pre-packing today.
It didn't go so well.
I ended up surrounded by hand bags that all begged  to come with me.
I tried to tell them about the big bad man that said I can only take maybe 2 or 3 .. he would be happy if I only took 1 , which is impossible and we won't even discuss this.
So instead of doing some preliminary packing or just getting my underwear into zip lock bags so I can be the most organised person who ever moved house ... I sat on the floor and looked at all my handbags.
I checked the pockets and made sure everything was empty and neat and ready to be packed, stored and shipped and stored some more.

And then I ran into a "bump" ... Which bag got to go with me?
Who gets to ride on the airplane with me ?
Who gets to come along in the suitcases when I want a change in bags ?
Who wants to be a Carry- on ??

All those little bag hands waving in the air, little voices calling, Me ! Me !

I think I was sitting on the floor , surrounded by handbags for hours.

Then the phone rang, someone wanted to come here for a minute, I screamed at my husband, ran around throwing a hissy fit and shoved all the bags into their cubbies and left them there to ponder ... who gets to go to New York with mama ?

to be continued :


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger