It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

And We Have a Whiner !

It is cold here.
Sunny and bright and cold.
I am still gimpy. I limp along on errands , eager to be out in the fresh air.
Then my leg starts to hurt, my other legs aches in sympathy and I hobble home to tea and books and the internet.
I ran my errands this morning, "ran" being the operative word ..  walked with as little limp as fast as I could.
It is both tiring and becomes painful and discouraging not to mention the sight of it depresses me.
I know that this "little" surgery, done by a plastic surgeon instead of a regular surgeon, will be the one that will have an ugly scar.
The only one of the three, that shows.
I am vain but not so vain that something like this would depress me, but added to the pain and the hobbling and the annoyance .. I am depressed.
The good news is that once I see her tomorrow, the stitches will be out and hopefully I can forget about the thing.

The other news is that there is no news .

Be glad that you are not within phone call distance.
Or that I have enough self- control, not to go on and on whining here.

So Thank you for the notes wishing me well, thank you for the little comments that cheer me up and I will be back soon with something more cheerful.
Promise!

I might feel better if I can shop....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Candice! I´m sorry this hasn´t been as easy as the previous ones. I can totally understand, I had plantar warts a couple of months ago. I never knew they were so painful, I was limping and hurting for almost two months, not being able to walk more than half a block when I´m used to walk everywhere made me feel miserable. I hope you get better soon so you can go back to your normal life.
    Take care! S

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger