It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Monday - Look At This Blog !


Reading a newspaper here can be trying. When you have to try to figure out the language, the news becomes a bit "twisted" .. one word mis-translated and you have an entirely different story ! Wars could be started over something like this !
I try to find as many English language news sources as I can and this has been one of my favorites. Discussing World leaders/buffoons, finances, discord and Christmas trees.. my kind of news !
So here is my blog for Monday , see what is going on in my part of the world .. The Argentina Independent


2 comments:

  1. Dearest Candice,

    Yes I understand your dilemma... When I could understand the Homily in Bahasa Indonesia I felt like I had settled in enough. But that takes perseverance and we of course were teaching day after day for 6 days a week and that helps. If you don't HAVE to it will take you a lot longer but the best still is to listen; read; talk and write in that new language. By the time you start having you dreams in that particular language it means it has become second nature again!
    Good luck!
    By the way, check out my Internationl GIVEAWAY.

    Mariette's Back to Basics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling. I have lived through this two times, first in Italy and then in France. You need time and patience and just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Don't give it in.. Carla x

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger