It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new.
But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful.
There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power.
Alan Cohen
"Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."
Groucho Marx
The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Tomorrow.. Wednesday, November 3


We will be up at the crack of dawn, dressed and flagging down a taxi before it is even light, to arrive at Immigrations when they are just opening the doors.
The people who work there will be meandering in, carrying their coffee cups, stopping to kiss and say hello to Every Single Person that works there ... while we, the poor bedraggled and deficient in Espanol, will wait for a number or a name to be called and will show them all the papers they have given us every year since we arrived... culminating, I hope ( if there is a God) .. in our finally being made Permanent as in a Stamp in our Passports and DNI books ( National ID)..... like a tiny passport.

We have a sheet of paper with everything on it and a big stamp that says We are Permanent Residents.
But for months now, they keep telling us to come back, the paperwork isn't ready.

This makes me worry.

Our anniversary is Saturday. I want to not only be celebrating my 100th Wedding Anniversary but perhaps toasting each other for perseverance ..
Pup deserves it too but sadly, he has too much trouble singing all those documents so he is just legal because he is with us.

So cross your finger, wish us luck, I will let you know tomorrow how it goes.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no, I had no idea you were still dealing with this ordeal. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mym, Thank you. Every time we would go back, they would tell us to come back again, the paperwork is backed up.
    I am drowning my sorrows in Chicken Tikka Masala tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck! I'm crossing my fingers for you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, don't you just hate paperwork?!!!

    And another "oh", but guess who now has a miserable headcold? That's right: me. I think I got it from you. :-)

    Best of luck to you...

    Pearl

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome..Thank you.

Living in Argentina

Living in Argentina

Blog Archive

Pages

And Don't Forget To Visit Me Here Too !

See more photos here

sunset in Buenos Aires

Powered By Blogger